Submission call for It’s All in My Mind
PulpCult, an imprint of CultureCult, invites submissions of psychological thriller flash fictions for publication in its themed anthology “It’s All in My Mind” (Expected release: May/June 2023). The extended final date for submission is April 25, 2023.
Weave your tale around any of the following writing prompts, catch some inspiration or feel free to come up with a brand new idea of your own! We are excited to read your story!
- A woman buys an antique mirror at a garage sale, only to find that every time she looks into it, her reflection looks different.
- A master manipulator who is bored at work begins to play innocent mind games with his coworkers, until the mind games refuse to remain as innocent anymore!
- A woman begins to receive threatening messages from an unknown source, and as she tries to uncover the identity of her stalker, she discovers something that makes her question her own sanity!
- A psychic detective is called in to investigate a series of murders, but as she delves deeper into the case, she begins to realise that her mind is claiming that the perp may be a person who is long dead..
- A psychiatrist is assigned to a patient with multiple personalities. He begins to suspect that one of the personalities may be hiding who they truly are!
- A woman wakes up in a mental institution with no memory of how she got there. As she tries to piece together her past, she begins to suspect that the hospital isn’t what it seems
PLEASE NOTE that this is an anthology with a SPECIFIC GENRE and WORD LIMIT. ONLY those psychological thriller fiction pieces that will be between 100-1500 words, shall be considered for publication.
WE ARE ACCEPTING:
Flash Fiction: (between 50-1500 words) Send no more than TWO flash fictions per submission.
We are accepting TRANSLATED WORKS as well. Submission of translated works must be accompanied by a statement declaring that the translator has obtained the author’s permission and their publisher’s, if required.
Simultaneous Submissions are welcome but the author must inform us by e-mail as soon as the submitted piece is accepted elsewhere. Pieces cannot be withdrawn once PulpCult informs the author of its acceptance for publication.
We consider reprints in case they are exceptional!
At present, we are unable to pay our contributors. However. each contributor shall receive a COMPLIMENTARY DIGITAL COPY of the anthology as soon as it publishes.
Manuscripts should directly be sent to PulpCultSubs@gmail.com
Emails must have the subject line “Submission of Psychological Thriller“
Please submit your files in the following formats: .doc /.docx /.txt. DO NOT submit PDFs.
CultureCult and its imprints use non exclusive rights to publish in its anthologies and website. Authors are free to republish their work anywhere else once it has been published.
Please submit only original pieces. CultureCult or the editor/s of the anthology shall not be responsible for any disputes arising out of copyright infringement.
Each piece MUST be attached with a short bio of the author, within 50-100 words. In addition, please send a photograph of yours to be published for publication along with your author bio.
We generally respond within a month after receiving submissions.