PulpCult by CultureCult invites fiction submissions for publication in its anthology “A Stitch in Spacetime: Time Travel Stories“.
THE FINAL DATE OF SUBMISSION IS NOVEMBER 16, 2023
This collection seeks to explore the intriguing and boundless realms of time travel. We welcome creative minds to transcend the barriers of genre, bringing forth stories that weave through the very fabric of time itself. Unleash your imagination and let your narratives journey through the past, present, and future. Join us in crafting a tapestry of tales that bends time and beckons readers to venture beyond the conventional.
Feel free to write in any genre, with the sole stipulation that the story must feature time travel. Come up with your own story or take inspiration from one of our writing prompts below:
- A time traveler stumbles upon the fact that humanity’s major technological breakthroughs, including its deadliest weapons, have been gifts from the future.
- Manifesting from a time loop, a spectral ship subjects entrants to perpetual cycles of their deepest fears; investigators race against time to unravel and disrupt the source of this temporal anomaly.
- The townspeople hear their own whispers and footsteps that seem to be echoing from the future, hinting at dreadful events yet to happen.
- A detective finds herself stuck in a menacing time loop that resets every time she fails to solve the murder of a high-profile business tycoon.
- A medieval wizard can travel through time but discovers that every time they do so, a dark energy travels back and brings some kind of catastrophe to the kingdom.
- She has seen the movies. She understands how it can rip the fabric of spacetime. She doesn’t care. Now that she has a time machine, she must go back and save her little brother who drowned when they were children.
PLEASE NOTE that this is an anthology on a specific THEME. ONLY those pieces featuring time travel shall be considered for publication.
WE ARE ACCEPTING:
Short Story: (between 1500-8000 words) Send no more than ONE short story
Flash Fiction: (between 100-1500 words) Send no more than TWO flash fictions
We are accepting TRANSLATED WORKS as well. Submission of translated works must be accompanied by a statement declaring that the translator has obtained the author’s permission and their publisher’s, if required.
Simultaneous Submissions are welcome but the author must inform us by e-mail as soon as the submitted piece is accepted elsewhere. Pieces cannot be withdrawn once CultureCult Press informs the author of its acceptance for publication.
We consider reprints but generally do not publish them unless they are absolutely exceptional.
At present, we are unable to pay our contributors.
Each contributor shall receive a COMPLIMENTARY DIGITAL COPY of the anthology as soon as it publishes.
Manuscripts should directly be sent to PulpCultSubs@gmail.com
Emails must have the subject line “Submission for A STITCH IN SPACETIME”
Each piece MUST be attached with a short bio (preferably within 100 words) and, if possible, a photograph of the author to go along with publication.
Please submit your files in the following formats: .doc /.docx /.txt. DO NOT submit PDFs.
CultureCult Press uses non exclusive rights to publish in its anthologies and website. Authors are free to republish their work anywhere else once it has been published.
Please submit only original pieces. CultureCult Press or the editor/s of the anthology shall not be responsible for any disputes arising out of plagiarism or copyright infringement.
NOTE: We typically reply within a month after receiving submissions. However, replies can be delayed under unforeseen circumstances.